Saturday, July 28, 2007

My apologies

Hi All...

This has been the slowest week of posting in our short history, and I assure you we'll be back at it next week...Mrs. 76BigShot is under the weather and we have our priorities straight over here.

I apologize as I know we all need our Sixer Fix.

Few thoughts before I go though...
- I hope we keep this roster this year regardless of record. If they can get a low post scorer on the cheap that's fine, but please don't touch OUR (Sixers Fans) Salary Cap.
- Heard Dick Jerardi a few days ago regarding the Tim Donaghy mess, and he had a few comments about the Sixers. The one that caught my ear was that the Sixers don't have a "#1" on the roster and until they do, they're kinda not going anywhere. Can't really argue with that. #1's do come on the market from time to time though; the Rasheed Wallace auction in 2004 comes to mind. That was a team that had all the support pieces in place and 'Sheed just gave them a player other teams had to double in the low post. Those guys do come on the market.
- I'll be buying beers for our loyal readers at the Portland game this year...looking forward to meeting all of you. More details to come.
- We have a few guest columns coming in over the next few weeks which I'm excited about - angry Cecil just wants to get going in the right direction.

Thanks to all again for your patience and look forward to posting next week.

No comments: